Nikon Corporation proudly announces the new AF VR Zoom-Nikkor 80-400mm
f/4.5-5.6D ED. This 5X high-power zoom lens boasts an innovative Vibration
Reduction (VR) system that offers performance superior to that of any
other system. It allows handheld supertelephoto zoom shooting at dusk, at
night, and even in poorly lit interiors.
Nikon’s new VR system
minimises image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of
shooting at a shutter speed three stops (eight times) faster.* For
example, where photographers using a conventional lens would have to shoot
at a shutter speed of 1/60 sec. to minimise image blur, with Nikon’s VR
system, they can obtain the same result with a shutter speed of 1/8
The lens also offers photographers the option of a natural
viewfinder image even during VR operation. Morever, the lens’ VR system
also detects automatically when the photographer pans — no special mode is
In addition to Nikon’s new VR system, this lens offers
superior optical performance thanks to the incorporation of three ED glass
elements and other features.
This exciting new Nikkor lens is ideal
for photographers who shoot candid, portrait, sports photography and many
other types of images.
* As determined by Nikon performance
Advantages of Nikon’s VR system
• Vibration Reduction (VR) minimises image blur caused by camera
• VR operation offers the equivalent of using a shutter speed
eight times faster (3 stops).
• Two VR modes are available:
Reduction for both the viewfinder image and the image on film. Moderate VR
operation is executed to ensure viewing comfort for the viewfinder
VR for the image on the film only (conserves battery power).
is automatically detected.
• VR operation can be cancelled when not
Note: VR operation works with the Nikon F5, F100, F80 and
• High-performance, high-power 5X (80-400mm) AF zoom lens with
Vibration Reduction (VR) system
• New optical design incorporates three
ED glass elements for superior optical performance throughout the entire
• Rounded diaphragm opening (9 blades) is especially good
for close-ups and portraits
• High-performance Nikon Super Integrated
Coating offers superior colour reproduction and minimises ghost and
• Built-in A/M switch enables instant switching from autofocus
to manual focus (Lock mechanism provided)
• Focus range limiter for
smooth focus operation
• Detachable tripod mounting foot provided
Filter attachment does not rotate during focusing or